Welcome from the Head
I am extremely proud to be Head Teacher of Goldington Green Academy. I have a team of dedicated and caring staff who are committed to nurturing a strong relationship between staff, children and their families.
As a mother, I understand that choosing a school is one of the most important decisions you will have to make for your child. You want to know that your child will be happy at school but also to achieve their full potential in all areas across the curriculum. Read More
- Letter from Mrs Skingsley
- COVID-19 Update and Safeguarding April
- Children's Centre
- Free School Meals and Staying Safe
- Parent Welcome Back Letter April
- Easter Letter to Parents
- Mental Health Advice COVID 19
- Aided Language Display Coronavirus
- Dave The Dog is worried about coronavirus
- Living with worry and anxiety amidst global uncertainty
- Home learning support for pupils with Visual impairment
- Indoor Gross Motor Sensory Play Ideas
- Support for individuals with autism in difficult itmes
- Top Tips - home learning, Fine and gross motor skills
- Websites for parents with young children with SEND
- Ideas for parents of children in Early Years
- Supporting Children with LD ASD with COVID Isolation
- Click here for a copy of a story book which supports explaining Coronavirus to children. It is illustrated by Axel Scheffler
- Parent Advice Sheet
Song Squad are running free sessions (dance every Monday and Friday at 10:30am, singing every Wednesday at 2:30pm) Just search Bedford Song Squad on Facebook. There are also Zoom sessions.
Reach For The Stars
- Ideas and Resources For Teachers & Parents
- Explaining Coronavirus To Young Children
- Update 1st April
- Fire Safety Film / Thinkuknow Helpsheet
- Coronavirus Update 31/03
- FSM Package Collection Letter 27th March
- FSM Package Letter 27th March
- Letter from the Chair of Governors
- Coronavirus Letter To Parents - Please Read
- Latest Coronavirus Letter To Parents 19/03 Please Read
- Worried about Benefits or Health
Online safety at home
CEOP (Child exploitation and online protection) have produced a second range of online safety at home packs to share with parents and carers, which is now available for schools to download and share. These include new activities for 4-5s, 5-7s, 8-10s, 11-13s and 14+.
Online education resources
The DfE have produced an initial list of online educational resources to help children to learn at home:
Activities Your Child Could Do At Home To Support Their Learning
Children in school have been watching the wonderful efforts of Captain Tom to raise millions for the NHS. We decided to send him some 100th birthday cards to say thank you. We appreciate you Captain Tom!
Click the images to read the ebooks
Am l a "Critical Worker" in the COVID-19 Response?
Grant for Children with Autism
Goldington Green Academy Mission Statement
From the smallest seeds, to the tallest trees, always aiming higher;
‘Give, Grow and Aspire’
- To respect and value everyone equally.
- To make the world a better place by showing our values.
- To learn and apply skills we need for our whole life.
- To care for each other, our community and the world.
- To celebrate and enjoy everyone’s achievements.
- To be happy, healthy and stay safe.
- To work independently and as a team.
- To be the best that we can be and never give up.
- FSM package letter 27th March 2020
- Emotional Support Services For Young People & Their Families
- Thought For The Day
- Parent Letter - Home Working
- Frequently Asked Questions
- SATs Companion - School Closure Parent Guide
- Key Worker Letter
- Key Worker Booking Form
- PTFA Pamper Evening
- Coronavirus - Latest Information & Advice
- Isle of Wight Year 5 Trip
- Isle of Wight Year 5 Trip Meeting
Statutory Year 4 Multiplication Tables Check (MTC) Test Information Meeting.
Cedar classroom, Weds 30.10.19, 8.30am and 6pm.
Come and find out what your child will be tested in and what this means for your child.
Ear piercings are permitted but only small studs may be worn which must be removed during all PE lessons sports activities. The jewellery remains the responsibility of the child if removed during the school day. The jewellery must be removed by the child themselves or covered with a plaster during PE & sports activities.
Large hair accessories / fashion items are not permitted and are not part of the school uniform. Long hair should be tied up.
The attendance winner for week beginning 2nd March with 98.9% attendance is Lime Class.
The non-uniform day for them is Friday 20th March.
Whole school Attendance is 96%
Sport And Physical Activity
With primary schools closing today and many families staying at home from Monday, this is a tricky time to keep children on the move.
We’re sure that like us, you’re determined to help keep the physical and mental health of our children in tip-top shape whilst schools are closed. With 20 years’ experiencebehind us, we thought it would be right to share our expertise and strategies to help children Stay Active.
Via our Stay Active landing page, parents can download FREE resources to keep their children healthy, happy and learning at home. We’re providing resources to support parents in provision of family learning through:
- Physical activity
- Health and Wellbeing activity
- Lifeskills activity
We would love your support in getting word out about this, so if you think this would be beneficial to your families, click here to view our email communication that you can share with them.
Please find a letter here, parents simple sign up and access the resources free of charge.
If you have any questions at all, or would like to offer any support in the provision of these FREE resources, please contact us.
Did you know…?
Premier will be running their Holiday Camps at our school this Easter, offering parents affordable child care, and children an exciting School Break! This includes the popular Multi-Activity Camp where children choose their own day and are offered multiple choices of activities such as Sports, Creative Arts, Team Games and Play. Our Multi-Activity Camp will run on Wednesday 8th April & Thursday 9th April.
As usual, we also have our Specialist days:
Wednesday 8th April
This club will focus on children learning basic arm motions, jumps, cheers and chants, as well as basic stunts and working on a group pom pom dance
Action & Adventure
Thursday 9th April
For the adventurers out there! This day will include Treasure Hunt & Spy Missions, Team Building Games, Obstacle Courses, Nerf Wars & Fencing
And to make this even better, Premier will be offering a fantastic 50% discount on all of their holiday dates until Friday 27th March 2020! Just enter the code‘NEW50’ at the checkout!
EXCITING NEWS…WE ARE NOW ACCEPTING CHILDCARE VOUCHER PAYMENTS!
We are now OFSTED registered which means that we are able to accept childcare voucher payments at all of our Holiday Camp Venues! If you are signed up to this scheme, then simply click ‘Pay by using childcare vouchers’ at the checkout, and one of our team will be in touch to organise your payment. Simple!
Our courses are for children from Year 1 up to the age of 12.
Simply CLICK HERE to book your space! And take a look at the attached flyer for more information on all of Premier’s Holiday Courses this coming January!
Want to find out more? Give them a call on 01908 597940.
After School Clubs
A choice of clubs is offered on a termly basis. After school clubs for children will be starting the week beginning 9th September 2019 Clubs are limited to one per child and offered on a first come first served basis. All booking will now be made through Premier online.
Please visit www.premier-education.com to secure your place.
We are very interested in our families’ thoughts and opinions in helping us to make GGA the best that it can be. Please follow the link below to support us on our journey to achieve this. https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/6MZJ6WZ
Have we got enough childcare in Bedford?