Welcome from the Head
I am extremely proud to be Head Teacher of Goldington Green Academy. I have a team of dedicated and caring staff who are committed to nurturing a strong relationship between staff, children and their families.
As a mother, I understand that choosing a school is one of the most important decisions you will have to make for your child. You want to know that your child will be happy at school but also to achieve their full potential in all areas across the curriculum. Read More
Current Coronavirus (Covid-19)
Supporting Parents Helpfinder (Young Minds)
Times are tough for many people right now. Parents find themselves pulled in many different direction and children may be struggling being in the house for so much longer than usual.
A mixture of concern about covid, work from home and children at home, along with a possible financial impact make for a stressful household.
Young Minds have created a useful 'Supporting Parents Helpfinder'. By answering six questions, parents can find out how to support their child's mental health during the pandemic (and beyond).
Find the help finder here: https://youngminds.org.uk/supporting-parents-helpfinder/
- School Holiday Provision
- Half Term Family Activities at The Higgins Bedford
- 5 Minute Walking Bubble
- PHE Letter to Parents
- COVID Catch-Up Premium Plan February 21
- Update from Vicky Head
- Home/School Agreement
- Letter from Bedford Borough Council Director of Public Health
- Coronavirus – Daily update to all early years, children’s social care, schools and further education providers
Latest Risk Assessments
- Care Club Opening Risk Assessment
- Pre School March Risk Assessment 2021
- Reception and Acorns Updated Risk Assessment 2021
- Year 1 Re-Opening March Risk Assessment
- Year 2 Re-Opening March Risk Assessment
- Year 3 Re-Opening March Risk Assessment
- Year 4 Updated Risk Assessment
- Year 5 Re-Opening March Risk Assessment
- Year 6 Update 2021 Risk Assessment
- Autism Provision Risk Assessment 2021
If your child is self isolating, your child’s class teacher will send homework via email. Your child will also be able to access remote teaching and learning via ‘The Oak National Academy’. Your child’s teacher will direct you to the videos which will support your child’s learning.
Archived COVID-19 Information For Parents
Goldington Green Academy Mission Statement
From the smallest seeds, to the tallest trees, always aiming higher;
‘Give, Grow and Aspire’
- To respect and value everyone equally.
- To make the world a better place by showing our values.
- To learn and apply skills we need for our whole life.
- To care for each other, our community and the world.
- To celebrate and enjoy everyone’s achievements.
- To be happy, healthy and stay safe.
- To work independently and as a team.
- To be the best that we can be and never give up.
Autism Beds have an online evening workshop for parents and carers on Tuesday 25th May. The session is specifically designed for parents and carers of children who are undiagnosed, newly diagnosed or currently going through the diagnostic process for Autism.
RED Nose Day
This year to make it easier (and safer) we ask everyone to support this wonderful charity by donating on the following link https://app.parentpay.com/ParentPayShop/Foc/Default.aspx?shopid=1986
Please help us by completing this quick reading survey
Value of the month
Ear piercings are permitted but only small studs may be worn which must be removed during all PE lessons sports activities. The jewellery remains the responsibility of the child if removed during the school day. The jewellery must be removed by the child themselves or covered with a plaster during PE & sports activities.
Large hair accessories / fashion items are not permitted and are not part of the school uniform. Long hair should be tied up.
The attendance winners for week beginning 7th June with 99.3% attendance is Elm Class.
The non-uniform day for them is Friday 25th June.
Whole school Attendance is 96%